The American Junior Golf Association is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to the overall growth and development of young men and women who aspire to earn college golf scholarships through competitive junior golf.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the AJGA Junior at Chicopee presented by John D. Mineck Foundation! The event will take place at Chicopee Country Club from Monday, July 22 - Friday, July 26, 2019. The tournament will feature 96 of the nation’s best junior golfers. We are looking for volunteers to help in the following roles:
• Timing Stations: Record groups’ times at timing station holes, inform players that they are in/out of position with the group in front of them, and call in players' scores to update live scoring.
• Live Scoring: Input players' scores to update live-scoring online.
• Volunteer Coordinator and Trainer: On the morning of the event, the volunteer coordinator will help train the volunteers on their morning tasks.
• Water Rover: Help restock coolers with water, ice, and fruit throughout the golf course.
• Spotters: On holes where the driving zone is difficult to see or where there is trouble the spotter will stand near the landing zone to help find golf balls.
• Shuttle Driver’s: The shuttle drivers will help transport players where they would otherwise have long walks. This will help make the event run smoother and improve the experience for the players and parents.
• Medical Attendant: First Aid / CPR-certified medical attendant on-site to assist players with any medical issues.
• Private Housing: Host AJGA Staff/Players for the week. This helps us offset tournament expenses and contribute more to the tournament's benefiting charities. If you are interested in volunteering as a host family, please contact Tournament Director Patrick Cansfield directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Bottle Water/ Fruit Donation: This helps offset the tournament expenses and contribute more to the tournament’s benefiting charities. All of the product is consumed onsite by the players, parents, coaches and spectators.
• Sponsor Lunch/Dinner for Staff: This helps offset the tournament expenses and contribute more to the tournament’s benefiting charities. Every staff meal costs roughly between $150-$200 per meal.
Please select the dates, times, and volunteer roles that work best for you (Note: timing stations are the highest priority). Feel free to volunteer on multiple days and times. All volunteers will receive a lunch and an AJGA hat and pin.
Please contact Mike O'Neill, at email@example.com or Tournament Director, Caila Roberts, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.