Hockey Hutch Rules
Enforceable by the RM of Headingley & The Phoenix Recreation Association
• 18+ years of age must be fully vaccinated to enter inside the Hutch, whether skating or helping another lace up.
• 12-18 years of age must be single vaccinated to enter and actively skating. If not skating, but assisting another, they need to be double vaccinated. (i.e. if they don’t have skates or aren’t lacing up, they need to be double vaccinated)
• Proof of vaccination and ID is required to enter. 18+ must present Photo ID, 12-18 must present student ID for ID.
• Your hand will be stamped upon entry for easy re-entry throughout the day.
• Physical distancing must be maintained inside the Hutch.
• Masks must be worn inside the Hutch, unless taking a sip of a drink.
• Canteen will be Closed.
• No food to be consumed in Hutch, drinks are allowed.
• Shutters to remain closed, the Hutch is not a viewing/spectator/hang out area, it is open to lace up and to warm up only. If the area becomes congested, you will be asked to get back outside.
• Indoor washrooms are open, only to be used by those meeting building entry requirements.
• Outdoor Porta Potty is available for anyone who does not meet vaccination requirements or for use when the Hutch is not open.
• The only door to enter the Hutch is the Main Door (East entrance). You can exit the doors to the rink but must always gain re-entry through the main doors.
• The back door (west entrance toward the Toboggan run) will remain locked at all times
• The hallway to the change rooms and change rooms will only be open to organized sport practices/games, not open to recreational skaters
• Recreational Skaters are to Lace up and take their bag of belonging outside to ensure that they have their belongings when the Hutch closes at the end of the volunteer shift.
FOLLOWING THESE RULES ALLOWS US TO HAVE THE HUTCH OPEN FOR THE COMMUNITY AND FOR OUR CHILDREN.
IF THERE ARE ISSUES WITH INDIVIDUALS OR THE COMMUNITY FOLLOWING THE RULES, OR GIVING VOLUNTEERS A DIFFICULT TIME, WE WILL SIMPLY HAVE TO CLOSE THE HUTCH.
OUR GOAL IS TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE, AND BE ABLE TO ENJOY OUR RINKS, TOBOGGAN RUN, AND OUTDOOR COMMUNITY SPACE.
THERE IS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY FOR RULE BREAKERS. YOU WILL BE AKSED TO LEAVE THE PREMISES IMMEDIATELY.