This signup sheet is not accepting new volunteers.
Please contact the event coordinator for further details.
Become equipped to lead birding tours at our High Island Sanctuaries during Spring migration this April and May. Three tours are scheduled a day on Tuesdays and Wednesdays during Spring Migration, and each tour will require two leaders. Strong birding knowledge is helpful, but not necessary. (Although we do welcome and appreciate more experienced birders.)
The training will include topics such as:
• How to work with people in an outdoor setting
• Delivering an engaging presentation
• How to bird when leading a group
• Background information about the history of High Island, Houston Audubon, and the flora and fauna of the Bolivar region of Texas
• Managing group dynamics
• Safety protocols, sanctuary rules
The training date is Wednesday March 18th from 8am-12:30pm.
Volunteers who attend will be expected to commit to leading a minimum of 5 tours during the 2020 Spring Migration season.