Scroll down to volunteer
We love our volunteers! Please help us to give our racers an incredible race experience. Sign up to be part of the team! All volunteers will receive awesome race swag, & be entered to win a free entry to the BFU 2024 race. Please note, when you sign up you will see a confirmation on your screen letting you know you have successfully signed up. The system does not send a confirmation email at the time of sign up. You will receive an email from the Race director about a month out from race day position. Please see the job descriptions below. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Volunteer Job Descriptions:
1) Race Package Pickup - Highlight racer names on roster, give number, pins, and swag.
2) Racer Check In - Check off racer on roster on race morning and provide timing chip
3) Course Flagging - Put up flags, create flour arrows, and signs to mark the course
4) Parking Attendant - direct racers where to Islet station, park their cars, and help to maintain fire lanes/emergency entrances/exits
5) Timer - record racer's entry times into Islet station, call out racer number for other timers to record
6) Mountain bike lead and sweep - bike the course to keep an eye on the runners, report to Race directors if anything wrong ex) flagging down, racer hurt, animal on course, etc.
7) First Aide - requires min of standard or emergency first aide, nursing, paramedic or doctor on site to provide first aide care to racers. Usually, this is blisters, and sprains.
8) Aide Station Captain - main point of contact for the aide station, check in volunteers, communicate with RDs to let them know if you're running low on supplies, have an injured or sick runner, etc.
9) Aide Station crew - set up/tear down station, mix electrolyte, fill water bottles, chop fruit, refill supplies as needed, record racers in and out of station & cheer on racers
10) Solo support - provide support for any ultra runners without crew, fill bottles, get food, etc.
11) Swag table - sell leftover swag
12) Medal presenters - best job of the race, give out medals to happy finishers, great job to do with your kiddo
13) Kids' Race course marshal - direct kids where to turn for kids' race
14) Kid's Race Lead runner/mountain biker - lead or follow the lead runner of the kids' race to make sure they stay on course
15) Kids' Race Sweep - follow the last runner to ensure everyone completes the race and is accounted for
16) Tear Down - help to pack up tents, tables, food, etc. into the trailer
17) Bison Smokie pickup - drive out to Devon and pick up the smokies. Store them in your freezer. Bring them to the race for 11 am.
18) Dilly Bar pickup - head to Dairy Queen to pick up the dilly bars. Store in your freezer and bring to the race for 11 am.