Scroll down to volunteer
Want to get more involved in a hands-on way? Be educated on migration impacting central Indiana and the work of Migros Aid?
Sign up for our Migros 101 here. Anyone who wants to serve with Migros needs to go through this. We do them monthly.
WHERE: 5625 W 30th St, Speedway, IN 46224
(light snacks and tea/coffee will be provided)
What we cover in Migros 101:
1.) A brief overview of global migration and understanding the how and why of 130k+ immigrants in Indianapolis
2.) The Migros Aid story - Our vision/mission/core values/goals
3.) Cross-cultural factors that are important to be aware of when engaging
4.) Discuss the ways you can serve and help
5.) Steps needed to serve / volunteer with us
Our work is in 4 areas:
1) AID: Distribution of welcome kits, furniture, & clothing
2.) TRAINING: Helping educate and equip people about global migration and ways to make an impact through Migros 101 and offering cross-cultural immersion experiences (spiritual retreats).
3.). SERVICE: We provide opportunities for individuals and groups to serve the immigrant and refugee community
4.). EMPOWERMENT: Seeking transformation and long-term impact through developing Migros Mentors. weekly Care Club, Care Groups, Community garden, weekly Homework Club, and Glocal Services
The ways we empower:
1. Migros Mentor – mentor a refugee individual or family while helping improve English and navigate life in America
2. CARE Group – Facilitate a small group for emotional support and Bible study
3. CARE CLUB – a community event to provide a free meal, conversation -connection, English practice for adults, small group discussion groups for students
4. Community Garden – To holistically mentor young people through part-time employment and to assist in feeding families by producing fresh produce. The vision is that through gardening we can establish and grow relationships and empower the community to engage and learn skills to become self-sufficient.
5. Migros Academy – Tutoring and emotional support for students after school
6. Glocal Services – Offering mentoring and part-time work for refugees in the community: General Labor, cleaning, and landscaping.
7. English Classes - We offer English Classes to refugees