This signup sheet is not accepting new volunteers.
Please contact the event coordinator for further details.
The Florida Aquarium, Tampa Bay Butterfly Foundation and FWC's Suncoast Youth Conservation Center are looking for volunteers to assist with habitat maintenance at Center for Conservation site of the Florida Conservation and Technology Center in Apollo Beach as well as our Adopt a Road site along Dickman Road.
Where to meet:
We will be meeting at The Florida Aquarium Center for Conservation located at 529 Estuary Shore Lane, Apollo Beach, FL 33572. Please take Dickman road to Estuary Shore Lane. The gate is toward the end of Estuary Shore Ln on the right hand side. The gate will open at 7:50 AM and we will meet next to the pollinator garden beside the Sea Turtle Rehab Center. Restrooms are available onsite.
The Florida Aquarium Environmental Stewardship Activity Guidelines must be followed at all times:
• These events offered to Aquarium team members and their families, corporate partners or aquarium affiliates.
• All participants will need to register for the event in advance.
• Number of attendees allocated for the event will be based on CDC, State, and County guidelines or activity needs, whichever is more stringent (currently 50-person maximum).
• Participants encouraged to sign up in family groups or to limit interaction at events to those that are within their immediate party.
• Participants will be asked to conduct temperature checks morning of to ensure they have no fever (100*F or higher) before arrival, if any symptoms listed below are felt within 24 hours
prior to activity participants must stay home:
*New loss of taste or smell
*Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Supplies (bags, grabbers, disposable gloves, etc.) will be separated into stations to limit groups gathering.
• Participants encouraged to bring their own water bottle and water. (Will have disposable/ recyclable water bottles on hand for those that did not bring and set up in a supply station).
• Participants encouraged to bring own gloves and shovels – especially for plantings. (Disposable gloves will be provided).
• Minors 16 – 18 years of age must have parental approval form completed for participation. Minors under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
• Proper disposal locations for items collected will be determined prior to event and clear instructions will be given to participants on how to dispose of items collected.
What to bring/wear:
• Mask/Facial Covering – nose and mouth must be covered.
• Water bottle with water – hydration is important!
• Sunblock/hat – keep your skin safe, this is a completely outdoor event.
• Hand Sanitizer
• Bug spray – It’s Florida, bugs are definitely out in this area.
• Closed toed shoes.
• Long pants recommended but not necessary (see bugs and sun comment above)
• Garden gloves
It is always a fun time if you are able to make it!
This event is subject to change due to weather. If you need to reach us on the day of the event, please call: (813) 748-7098.