This signup sheet is not accepting new volunteers.
Please contact the event coordinator for further details.
Meow and hello! Please read through this ENTIRE section before going any further.
El Portal Theater is located at 5269 Lankershim Blvd., North Hollywood, CA 91601
Sign up for your volunteer shift(s) by filling out this schedule. All participants need to be 18+ and everyone please sign up separately.
When signing up please use a valid email address and phone number. We will be sending you an email about a week before the show to confirm your availability, start sending out more information, and possibly updates. If we don't hear back from you to confirm your shift by the deadline we will take you off the schedule so someone else has the opportunity to volunteer. We will not call or text you unless it is an emergency. Remember to check your spam folder for any incoming email from us. Please allow your inbox to receive RockCatsRescueVolunteer@gmail.com emails.
The shift times listed are when we need you at the venue, no need to come earlier. If you want to sign up for a shift but will be late go ahead and sign up and then email us to let us know.
The schedule we have available is combined with other tasks described here. There is something to do for everyone so don't be shy! Please note that there is work to do before and after the shows but not during the actual performance. Here are a more detailed description of all of our volunteer needs:
• Loading in the show: the shift before the very first show shift, some heavy lifting needed. Help bring in the gear and set up the stage, lobby, and dressing room areas.
• Ushers: right before shows help people to their seats, get seat assignments sorted out, as well as help crowd control during the meet and greet after the show.
• Box office: before the show, checking tickets and will call lists at the door/box office.
• Cat people on stage: After the show, you will be on stage helping with the cat-band. Vests and cat ears (provided) will be required! For those volunteers who love to be in front of a crowd!
• Merchandise: right before and after the show selling merchandise. This is a people person job.
• Cat loading in and break times: before the first show and in between shows.
• Cat ear sales person: right before the show selling cat ears. For those volunteers who love to be in front of a crowd!
• The cats green rooms and stage cleaning: either before the first show each day or after the last show per day as needed.
• Loading out cats back to their bus: right after the last show, each day.
• Merchandise making: each day times vary depending on availability. Arts and crafts enthusiasts needed here!
• Loading out the show: help break down and clean carriers as well as help clean the stage props, pack bags and bins, and carry items out to the bus. This is right after the last show.
These duties vary venue to venue and this is not an exact science. Please let us know if there is anything in particular you are unable to perform and we will do our best to accommodate you.
You do get to see the show for free if you can complete a full shift. Load in and load out shifts we automatically assume you will be going to the show either immediately after (for load in shifts) or immediately before (load out shifts.) All other shifts we assume you are going to the show that is within the timeframe you signed up for. It is absolutely crucial that you confirm your shifts with us in order for us to make sure you can get you on the volunteer list. We try our best to get everyone seats, but sometimes emergencies or accidents happen so just remember if you want to absolutely guarantee a seat then buy a ticket. If you still have questions do not hesitate to email us with any questions you have.
Thank mew so much for choosing to be a part of cat rescue and we look forward to coming to LA!