The Event and Tournament ad hoc committee assists with the planning and support of various events throughout the year. Events may include Athlete Development (Start up) Day, Cranbrook and Kootenay Cup tournaments, an annual member event, etc.
• Manage all aspects of event/tournament planning meeting deadlines and budget amounts
• Nurture and build relationships with vendors, venues, and other industry contacts to craft and implement creative and logistical aspects of all events
• Comply with legal, insurance, health and safety regulations at all times
• Coordinate with club director(s), parents, athletes and others to establish needs for events/tournaments
• Serve as liaison throughout the planning process
• Plan and facilitate logistics for all events, including venue preparation, security, transportation options, accommodation options, equipment, and marketing materials
• Oversee event/tournament experiences from conception through post-event; managing on-site preparations such as equipment and spectator access, event breakdown, while ensuring consistent, high-level service throughout all phases
• Maintain and build a comprehensive database of contacts, vendors, and venues
• Troubleshoot and handle any issues that arise on the event day
Time commitment: approximately 3-4 hours per month during the indoor season and 2-3 hours per month during the outdoor season
Work with a Board Director who will chair the committee and report to the Board. The chair (director) will provide clear divisions of labour and role definitions as well as assign action items as needed.
Roles of the Ad hoc Committee Members (Volunteers) shall include:
i. Each Member shall, on a rotating basis, take on the role of Recorder and, as such, will take notes at the meeting, either electronically or in hard copy and will distribute these notes to all Committee members within three business days.
ii. Committee members will take on tasks, as identified/approved by Chair and in the work plan, and will act on behalf of EKVC to carry out those tasks,
iii. Committee members will attend an orientation such that they are aware of the scope of their role and the limitations of their activities i.e. committing EKVC to unapproved expenses and/or use of resources.
iv. Members will come to meetings prepared to report on work/tasks.
As a volunteer for EKVC, you will be providing youth with an opportunity to help develop their skills in the sport of volleyball within the East Kootenays. If you are passionate about sport and are committed to advancing and promoting volleyball within the community, you'll be gaining new skills and work experience while sharing your gift of contribution and service for others.