Thank you for your interest in helping with Hot Lunch at Peace Arch Elementary! Our Hot Lunch Program is one of our main fundraisers, and requires many parent volunteers to make the magic happen! Each week, we have 10-12 roles to fill: Hot Lunch Leaders (2-3) and Pod Supervisors (7) + 1 parent supervisor in each of the Kindergarten classrooms.
HOT LUNCH LEADERS: 10:45am - 12:45pm (2 hrs.)
2-3 Parent Volunteers each week, responsible for:
• receiving Hot Lunch delivery from vendors
• sorting lunches into bins for all 24 divisions
• ensure bins are collected and handed out by Student Volunteer Lunch Monitors (2 additional Parent Volunteers to assist in each Pod)
• problem-solve any delivery errors, trouble-shoot as needed
• for Hot Dog Day & Pizza Day ONLY, sell extra food at Concession Window in PAC Kitchen
• opening & closing cash count, and feedback to Hot Lunch Coordinator
• clean, re-order, & stack empty bins, and tidy PAC kitchen
POD SUPERVISORS: 11:45am - 12:20pm (35 mins.)
Student Lunch Monitors will collect bins from the kitchen hallway, and deliver to the class they monitor. We'll have 1-2 Parent Volunteers per Pod (classrooms grouped together in one section of the building) and one per Kindergarten classroom, to oversee the Student Volunteers, and trouble-shoot as needed. Total of 10 Supervisors per week.
Orca 100-POD Teachers: Grant, Sawatsky/Wilson, Hollins, Yalpani, Morgan, Grainger, Adams
Bear 200-POD Teachers: Stewart, Westcott, Decaire
Salmon 300-POD Teachers: Zafiris, Murphy, Morris, Toth, Calbick, Sullivan
Beaver 400-POD Teachers: Watts, Roussel, Li, Peters, Sherry/Froese, Verrier/Froese
HOT LUNCH SCHEDULE (ROUND 2: Jan-Mar 2020):
Friday, January 10 - Subway
Friday, January 17 - White Spot
Friday, January 24 - Hot Dog Day
Friday, January 31 - Chopped Leaf
Friday, February 7 - Panago Pizza
Friday, February 14 - Taco Del Mar
THURSDAY, February 20 - OPA! Greek
Friday, February 28 - B.P. Pasta
Friday, March 6 - Sushi Castle
Friday, March 13 - Pita Pit
The Peace Arch Hot Lunch program is a success when everyone pitches in. THANK YOU for volunteering for this school-wide fundraiser!
Questions? Email our Volunteer Coordinator, Fiona Kehler, at firstname.lastname@example.org.