Scroll down to volunteer
INFORMATION: HBL & HMoW are looking for groups of 2-3 cyclists (1 rider to hold/ deliver the meal bags & 1 rider to navigate directions/ watch bikes) to deliver meals on the Kaka‘ako route on Friday, March 31st. We’ll meet at Straub Medical Center, on the King Street side, at 10:30 am. When you arrive at Straub to receive your instructions & meals to deliver, you'll receive the meal drop-off destination/location. Route suggestions will be provided but we welcome you to curate your own route. We gauge your trip delivering will be less than 5 miles. Once you receive route orientation outside the hospital, riders will go into the kitchen where each person will receive 2 insulated delivery bags: 1 for hot items & 1 bag for cold items. Masks are required to enter the hospital and caps (helmets count!) to cover your head when we enter the kitchen.
• WHEN: Friday, March 31st
• MEET: Straub Medical Center (King St. side)
• TIME: 10:30AM
• BIKI: Biki Stop, 402 LOWER MAKIKI - KING & WARD, is located in front of Straub Medical Center at the corner of King & Ward.
• Mask (to enter Straub Medical Center)
• Signed waiver: You will receive a waiver via email that we ask you to sign, print & bring to the day of your shift
• COVID-19 Vaccination Card: You are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines when you have completed a COVID-19 vaccine primary series and got the most recent booster dose recommended for you by CDC (via CDC.gov).
• SIGN-UP: Sign-up in groups or individually to be matched with another volunteer for your route. Bike locks are not required as you'll be delivering in pairs/groups.
• INSULATED DELIVERY BAGS: HMoW will provide insulated food delivery bags. We ask that you bring a bike with a front rack or a cargo bike to ensure the meals inside the bags stay secure and upright. You are welcome to keep the insulated bags once you complete your deliveries.
• QUESTIONS/ CONCERNS: Contact HBL's Volunteer Coordinator, Lauren, by email at lauren@HBL.org or call the HBL Office at 808-735-5756.