Internal and external communication is a critical component of EKVC operation. A communication committee is responsible for promoting and providing information regarding the indoor and outdoor seasons and assist with marketing planning for upcoming seasons.
• Ensure that the website is a vital information hub and a useful resource for all club members through timely publishing of new and updated content to the club’s website
• Ensure appropriateness of content published to the club’s website
• Promote the use of the club’s website and social media accounts
• Liaise with committee members to acquire information
• Organize flyers for schools/students.
• Distribute flyers to feeder schools
• Liaise with feeder schools about publishing ads in their newsletters and website
• Keep user ID’s and passwords used to access and maintain the website, safe and secure always for security and integrity of website content
• Have knowledge of the Club Constitution and how the club operates and a strong understanding of volleyball and association procedures.
Time commitment: approximately 2-3 hours per month during the indoor season and 1-2 hours per month during the outdoor season
Work with a Board Director who will chair the committee and report to the Board. The chair (director) will provide clear divisions of labour and role definitions as well as assign action items as needed.
Roles of the Ad hoc Committee Members (Volunteers) shall include:
i. Each Member shall, on a rotating basis, take on the role of Recorder and, as such, will take notes at the meeting, either electronically or in hard copy and will distribute these notes to all Committee members within three business days.
ii. Committee members will take on tasks, as identified/approved by Chair and in the work plan, and will act on behalf of EKVC to carry out those tasks,
iii. Committee members will attend an orientation such that they are aware of the scope of their role and the limitations of their activities i.e. committing EKVC to unapproved expenses and/or use of resources.
iv. Members will come to meetings prepared to report on work/tasks.
As a volunteer for EKVC, you will be providing youth with an opportunity to help develop their skills in the sport of volleyball within the East Kootenays. If you are passionate about sport and are committed to advancing and promoting volleyball within the community, you'll be gaining new skills and work experience while sharing your gift of contribution and service for others.