Equipment and Uniform committee are responsible for organizing, inventory counts and providing information regarding the condition of equipment that requires replacement and assist with planning for equipment and uniform purchases.
• Ensure that each team has adequate equipment during the season.
• Organize the distribution of equipment to coaches before the season commences
• Ensure the equipment bags and any first aid kits are kept fully stocked.
• Ensure that each team equipment at the beginning of the season
• Receive team equipment at the end of the season. Clean and counted inventory take to storage.
• Attend scheduled committee meetings on a regular basis and provide an inventory holding report for the committee.
Time commitment: approximately 2-3 hours per month during the indoor season and 1-2 hours per month during the outdoor season. One person may sign up for both positions.
Work with a Board Director who will chair the committee and report to the Board. The chair (director) will provide clear divisions of labour and role definitions as well as assign action items as needed.
Roles of the Ad hoc Committee Members (Volunteers) shall include:
i. Each Member shall, on a rotating basis, take on the role of Recorder and, as such, will take notes at the meeting, either electronically or in hard copy and will distribute these notes to all Committee members within three business days.
ii. Committee members will take on tasks, as identified/approved by Chair and in the work plan, and will act on behalf of EKVC to carry out those tasks,
iii. Committee members will attend an orientation such that they are aware of the scope of their role and the limitations of their activities i.e. committing EKVC to unapproved expenses and/or use of resources.
iv. Members will come to meetings prepared to report on work/tasks.
As a volunteer for EKVC, you will be providing youth with an opportunity to help develop their skills in the sport of volleyball within the East Kootenays. If you are passionate about sport and are committed to advancing and promoting volleyball within the community, you'll be gaining new skills and work experience while sharing your gift of contribution and service for others.