Meow and hello! Please read through this entire section before going any further.
The Bug Theater, 3654 Navajo St, Denver, CO 80211
Sign up for your volunteer shift(s) by filling out this schedule. All participants need to be 18+ and everyone please sign up separately.
When signing up please use a valid email address and phone number. We will be send you updates as neede and a welcome email one week before the show to confirm you are volunteering for the show. If we don't hear back from you by the deadline to confirm your shift we will take you off the schedule so someone else has the opportunity to volunteer. We will not call or text you unless it is an emergency. Remember to check your spam folder for any incoming email from us. Please allow your inbox to receive RockCatsRescueVolunteer@gmail.com emails.
The shift times listed are when we need you at the venue, no need to come earlier. If you want to sign up for a shift but will be late go ahead and sign up and then email us to let us know.
The schedule we have available are combined with other tasks described here. There is something to do for everyone so don't be shy! Please note that there is work to do before and after the shows but not during the actual performance. Here are a more detailed description of all of our volunteer needs:
• Loading in the show : usually the shift before the very first show shift, some heavy lifting needed. Help bring in the gear and set up the stage, lobby, and dressing room areas.
• Ushers: right before shows help people to their seats, get seat assignments sorted out, as well as help crowd control during the meet and greet after the show. You may also be asked to do some general tasks to help Debbie before the crowd arrives.
• Box office: Before the show, checking tickets and will call lists at the door/box office.
• Cat assistants on stage: After the show, you will be on stage helping with the cat-band. Vests and cat ears (provided) will be required! For those volunteers who love to be in front of a crowd and are not shy! You will also be expected to help before the show: maybe selling cat ears to the audience, doing little odd jobs/crafts, generally helping Debbie as she needs it.
• Merchandise: right before and after the show selling merchandise. This is a people person job.
• Cat loading in and break times: before the first show and in between shows.
• The cats green rooms and stage cleaning: either before the first show each day or after the last show per day as needed.
• Loading out cats back to their bus: right after the last show, each day.
• Merchandise making : each day times vary depending on availability. Arts and crafsty types needed here!
• Loading out the show: help break down and clean carriers as well as help clean the stage props, pack bags and bins, and carry items out to the bus. This is usually right after the last show.
These duties vary venue to venue and this is not an exact science. PLEASE be prepared to help out with tasks that you didn't sign up for, especially if we are low on volunteers. WE APPRECIATE YOUR FLEXIBILITY! Please let us know if there is anything in particular you are unable to perform and we will do our best to accommodate you.
You do get to see the show for free if you can complete a full shift. Load in and load out shifts we assume you will be going to the show either immediately after your volunteer shift (for load in shifts) or immediately before your volunteer shift (load out shifts.) All other shifts we assume you are going to the show that is within the timeframe you signed up for. It is absolutely crucial that you confirm your shifts with us in order for us to make sure you can get you on the volunteer list. We try our best to get our volunteers seats, but sometimes emergencies or accidents happen so just remember if you want to absolutely guarantee a seat then buy a ticket. If you still have questions do not hesitate to email us with any questions you have.
Thank mew so much for choosing to be a part of cat rescue and we look forward to working with you!