This signup sheet is not accepting new volunteers.
Please contact the event coordinator for further details.
Thank you for your interest in directing a mainstage show with Edmonds Driftwood Players, the recipient of the 2018 People’s Choice Gregory Award! We are in residence at the Wade James Theatre in Edmonds, Washington and are a volunteer-based, 501c3 non-profit community theater. We are proud to be celebrating 60 years of entertaining and educating our community, making us one of the oldest, continually operating community theaters in Washington State.
About the Process…
Interviews will be conducted by the members of the Play Selection Committee Saturday, February 9 and Sunday, February 10. At the end of the interviews, the committee will make their hiring recommendations to the Board of Directors. After approval by the Board, contracts will be offered to five directors – one for each of our mainstage shows. Directors will be overseen by the Board and will be partnered with a production manager who will support and assist with the production. We are asking our directors to be available to attend our annual members meeting on Monday March 4, 2019 at 7:30 pm. Each director will receive 2-3 minutes to greet the members and share their vision for the show. At the conclusion of the meeting, members will be invited to volunteer for shows that interest them. This is a great opportunity to recruit backstage crew, set builders, board operators and more. If you have any questions about this process, please contact EDP Managing Director Katie Soule at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: All interviews will take place at the Driftwood Training Room at the Admin Office at 306 Main St, the lower level of Bank of America. The entrance faces the parking lot on the south side of the building.
How to apply…
All candidates must sign up for an interview time and submit the following documents via e-mail to the Managing Director by Feb. 4, 2019 (email@example.com)
1. A current (updated) resume
2. A cover letter indicating which play(s) you are interested in directing. Please come prepared to discuss your interest and vision for up to 3 shows in priority order. NOTE: Once you submit your ideas and plans at the interview, you will be considered for the shows based on that vision. Any changes of ideas or plans for casting or direction of the show must receive Board approval after hiring.
3. Each director must read the scripts or demonstrate a good-working knowledge of each show for which they wish to be considered.
Mainstage Shows for 2019/20 Season
• A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder (a musical), licensed through MTI, will be our opening show in fall of 2019
• A Christmas Story, The Musical, licensed through Dramatic Publishing, will be our holiday offering 2019
• Pride and Prejudice (Adapted by Jon Jory), licensed through Playscripts, Inc., will be our winter 2020 show
• The Producers (the musical), licensed through MTI, will be our spring 2020 production
• Unnecessary Farce (a comedy by Paul Slade Smith), licensed through Playscripts, Inc., will be in June 2020