GUIDELINES FROM THE DIOCESE OF CALGARY:
• Thank you for volunteering.
• If you are not registered at St. Albert the Great Parish, or have not volunteered at Mass since June 1, 2020 please send an email to: email@example.com and someone will contact you.
• Celebrations are to be celebrated simply and reverently within a shorter time.
• Possible exposure to the contagion must be limited.
• Alberta Health Services require that a record of all attendees and volunteers and their contact information be kept for contact tracing purposes.
• Attendees and volunteers 65 years of age or older and individuals with chronic medical conditions are encouraged to stay safe by avoiding public gatherings but are not prohibited from attending a Celebration if they so choose. You do so at your own risk.
• All volunteers are expected to bring and wear their own non-medical masks and gloves.
• Anyone who has even the slightest symptoms or feelings of sickness must remain at home.
• PLEASE ARRIVE 45 MINUTES BEFORE MASS.
• VOLUNTEER POSITIONS MUST BE FILLED FOR THE CELEBRATION TO BE CELEBRATED.
• ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST BE REGISTERED WITH OUR PARISH AND HAVE COMPLETED THE MODEL CODE OF CONDUCT.
DESCRIPTION OF VOLUNTEER JOBS
POINT OF ENTRY
There will be four Point of Entry volunteers at this Celebration. Duties will include:
• Directing those arriving for the Celebration.
• As parishioners arrive, ensure they are on the Celebration registration list.
• Spray hand sanitizer on the hands of those entering the Church.
• Close the main doors at the start of the Celebration.
• Deposit registration sheet in the safe.
• Open the two exit doors following mass and spray the hands of those leaving the church.
• Collect the collection baskets and make the deposit in the safe if applicable.
• Assist elsewhere as required.
• (Expected time commitment is 2.5 to 3 hours per Celebration)
Please ensure that silence is observed in the Sanctuary during entrance and exit.
There will be 1 usher at this Celebration.
• Usher will guide and direct parishioners on where to sit.
• The available pews are spaced out in order to observe social distancing.
• Families (members of the same household) may sit together.
• While seating attendees, ensure they are observing physical distancing between households.
• Guide attendees to when leaving their seats and back to their seats.
• During the Celebration, manage seating.
• Monitor washroom usage during the Celebration – only the washrooms in the Narthex will be available for use. Only one person allowed in the washroom at once, unless the others are from the same household. Point out hand sanitizer stations.
• Assist the Point of Entry volunteers with the registration as required.
• When the Celebration is over, guide the parishioners to the exit doors.
• (Expected time commitment is 2.5 to 3 hours per Mass)
CLEANING AND SANITIZING TEAM
• There will be four cleaners required after the Celebration.
• Implement the AHS ‘wipe twice’ method to clean and disinfect surfaces.
• Wipe surfaces with cleaning agent to wipe off soil with an AHS approved disinfectant.
• Clean and sanitize pews and high touch areas including doorknobs, light switches, toilet handles, faucets and taps.
• Cleaning supplies will be in the Narthex area janitor closet for easy access.
• Cleaners who are volunteering are asked to leave them in the soiled bucket after mass.